These cereal-topped treats are irresistible.
Makes 1 (9-inch) Pan
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- ¾ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- ¼ cup sorghum syrup
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ cup finely crushed cinnamon-flavored cereal*, divided, plus more for garnish
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 3 to 4 teaspoons whole milk, room temperature, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 9-inch square baking pan with baking spray with flour. Line pan with parchment paper, letting excess extend over sides.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together melted butter, brown sugar, ¼ cup granulated sugar, and sorghum syrup until smooth. Add eggs and vanilla, whisking until combined.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together flour, 2 teaspoons cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. Gradually whisk flour mixture into egg mixture just until combined. Fold in ½ cup cereal until combined. Using an offset spatula, spread batter into prepared baking pan.
- In a small bowl, stir together remaining 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, remaining 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and remaining ¼ cup cereal. Sprinkle over top of batter.
- Bake until top is dry, golden brown, and a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Using excess parchment as handles, remove from pan. In a small bowl, stir together confectioners’ sugar and 3 teaspoons milk until combined, adding remaining 1 teaspoon milk to thin, if necessary. Drizzle top of bars with glaze. Garnish with cereal, if desired. Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 6 days. Let come to room temperature before serving. Cut into desired shapes.