This Taco Casserole from our friend Christy Jordan is a great way to have a delicious meal with little time and effort.
Christy Jordan's Taco Casserole
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
Write a review
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 (1.25-ounce) packages taco seasoning mix
- 1½ cups water
- 2 (15-ounce) cans pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 3 cups sliced green leaf lettuce
- ½ cup chopped tomato
- ⅓ cup chopped green onion
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 13x9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain. Return beef to skillet.
- Add seasoning mix, 1½ cups water, and beans; cook over medium-low heat until most of liquid has evaporated, approximately 10 minutes. Spoon into prepared dish. Top with cheese.
- Bake until cheese melts, approximately 10 minutes. Top with tortilla chips, lettuce, tomato, and green onion.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/