It doesn’t get much more Southern than a classic homemade fruit pie to round out a meal. This Peach-Blackberry Buttermilk Pie is delicious served at room temperature or cold with big scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Peach-Blackberry Buttermilk Pie
Write a review
- 1⁄2 (14.1-ounce) package refrigerated piecrusts (1 sheet)
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 11⁄2 cups peeled, pitted, and sliced fresh peaches
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup whole buttermilk
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Unroll piecrust on a lightly floured surface. Fit dough into a 9-inch pie plate. Fold edges under, and crimp as desired.
- Place blackberries in the bottom of prepared crust; arrange peaches over blackberries. Place pie plate on a rimmed baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, combine sugar, flour, and salt. Whisk in buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla. Add melted butter and lemon zest; stir well. Pour over fruit.
- Bake until golden brown and center is set, approximately 55 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/