“My kids used to turn up their noses at avocado until I whipped up this creamy dip one day. I’m no expert, but I’m pretty sure the bacon had something to do with it.” -Christy Jordan
Creamy Avocado and Bacon Dip Recipe
Yield: approximately 1 and 2⁄3 cups
Write a review
- 2 medium avocados, pitted and peeled
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 slices bacon, cooked, crumbled, and divided
- Broccoli florets, bell pepper strips, carrot sticks
- In the work bowl of a food processor, combine avocado, sour cream, lime juice, salt, dill, garlic powder, and pepper; pulse until smooth, stopping to scrape sides of bowl occasionally.
- Spoon mixture into a small bowl; stir in half of bacon. Place plastic wrap directly on surface; refrigerate for 30 minutes or up to 2 hours. Top with remaining half of bacon just before serving. Serve with broccoli florets, bell pepper strips, and carrot sticks.
- If you don’t want to use a food processor, mash the avocado with a fork and stir it together with the remaining ingredients for a chunkier texture.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/