Mexican Chorizo adds an unexpected yet welcome kick to traditional baked beans.
Chorizo Baked Beans
Write a review
- 3 to 4 (2½-ounce) links Mexican chorizo, casings removed
- 1½ cups chopped onion
- 3 (16-ounce) cans navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 (16-ounce) cans pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup beef broth
- ¾ cup tomato purée
- ½ cup molasses
- ¼ cup apple-cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a small ovenproof Dutch oven, cook chorizo and onion over medium heat, stirring frequently, until chorizo is browned, approximately 7 minutes. Stir in beans, broth, tomato purée, molasses, vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- Bake, uncovered, until mixture is bubbly and begins to thicken, about 45 to 60 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/