We love this quick and easy skillet treat from cookbook author (and cast-iron lover) Christy Jordan.
CHOCOLATE-PECAN SNICKERDOODLE SKILLET COOKIE
Yield: approximately 8 servings
Write a review
- 1 (17.9-ounce) package snickerdoodle cookie mix, such as Betty Crocker
- 1 cup toasted pecans, chopped and divided
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate morsels
- Vanilla ice cream, to serve
- Preheat oven to 375°. Prepare cookie mix according to package directions, stirring in 1⁄2 cup pecans. Spoon dough into a 10-inch cast-iron skillet; press in an even layer.
- Bake until lightly browned, approximately 17 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack. Immediately sprinkle with chocolate. Let stand until chocolate begins to melt, approximately 5 minutes.
- Using the back of a spoon, gently spread melted chocolate over cookie. Sprinkle with remaining 1⁄2 cup pecans. Let stand until cookie has cooled and chocolate is set, approximately 2 hours. Cut into wedges. Serve with ice cream, if desired.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/