Yields: 1 (9-inch) pie
- 2½ cups ground chocolate wafer cookies
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1½ (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons white crème de menthe
- 1 (11.75-ounce) jar hot fudge topping, divided
- 1 (4.67-ounce) box crème de menthe thin mints, chopped and divided
- Spray a 9-inch pie pan or pie plate with cooking spray.
- For crust: In a medium bowl, toss together ground cookies, melted butter, and sugar until moistened. Using a measuring cup, press crumb mixture into bottom and up sides of prepared pan. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- For filling: In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar with a mixer at medium speed until smooth, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Add cream and crème de menthe; beat at high speed until thickened. Spread half of cream mixture over prepared crust. Freeze until top of pie begins to feel firm, about 25 minutes. (Refrigerate remaining cream mixture until ready to use.)
- Reserve 3 tablespoons fudge topping and ¼ cup chopped mints. Spoon remaining fudge topping over chilled cream mixture in pan. Sprinkle remaining chopped mints over fudge topping. Freeze until fudge topping begins to feel firm to the touch.
- Spread remaining cream mixture over fudge topping layer. Sprinkle reserved ¼ cup chopped mints around edges of pie.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, microwave reserved 3 tablespoons fudge topping on medium just until warm, about 15 seconds. Drizzle over top of pie. Freeze until firm, about 6 hours.