We love to serve this decadent Chocolate Hazelnut Spread on top of our favorite sweet breakfast treats.
Chocolate Hazel Nut Spread
Makes 4 cups
- 3 cups toasted chopped hazelnuts
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 8 (1-ounce) squares bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- ¼ cup natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- ½ cup whole milk
- In the work bowl of a food processor, process hazelnuts until they release oil, about 5 minutes.
- In the top half of a double boiler over simmering water, combine condensed milk and chocolate. Cook over medium heat until chocolate is melted, stirring frequently.
- With food processor running, slowly pour chocolate mixture into puréed hazelnuts. Add cocoa powder, oil, and corn syrup, pulsing to combine. (Mixture may appear separated but will come together after adding milk.)
- With food processor running, slowly add milk until mixture is smooth. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.