Chocolate Ganache Blondies
Write a review
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 (12-ounce) package semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1½ cups chopped toasted pecans or hazelnuts, divided
- 8 (1-ounce) squares semisweet chocolate, chopped
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- Garnish: vanilla ice cream, hot caramel sauce, and chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 13x9-inch baking pan with heavy-duty aluminum foil, letting foil extend over sides of pan. Spray foil with nonstick baking spray with flour. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add sugars and beat until fluffy. Add sour cream and vanilla, beating to combine. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating at low speed until blended. Stir in chocolate morsels and 1 cup pecans or hazelnuts. Spread batter evenly in pan.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes. Let cool in pan on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine chopped chocolate, cream, and corn syrup. Microwave on High, in 30-second intervals, stirring between each, until melted and smooth, about 1 minute total. Spread on top of blondies, and top with remaining ½ cup pecans or hazelnuts. Let stand until chocolate is set, about 1 hour. Cut into squares.
- Serve with ice cream, hot caramel sauce, and pecans, if desired.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/