Rich chocolate, toasted pecans, and gooey cinnamon rolls come together to make a delicious and easy bread pudding.
Chocolate-Cinnamon Roll Bread Pudding
Yield: approximately 6 servings
Write a review
- 1 (12.4-ounce) can refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing, such as Pillsbury
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2⁄3 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1⁄2 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 400°. Spray a shallow 11⁄2-quart baking dish with nonstick baking spray with flour. Set aside. Separate rolls, and place on a baking sheet. Reserve icing.
- Bake rolls until golden brown, approximately 10 minutes. Let cool slightly. Cut each roll into four pieces.
- Place half of cinnamon roll pieces in prepared dish; drizzle with 2 tablespoons melted butter. Sprinkle with half of chocolate and half of pecans. Repeat procedure once.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and eggs; pour over cinnamon roll pieces. Loosely cover with aluminum foil, and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Reduce oven to 375°. Bake, covered, 20 minutes. Uncover, and bake until set, approximately 15 minutes. Drizzle with reserved icing.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/