These deliciously moist cookies combine your two favorites into one heavenly treat: Chocolate Chunk Brownie Cookies.
Chocolate Chunk Brownie Cookies
Yield: 2 dozen cookies
Write a review
- 2 cups plus 1⁄2 to 3⁄4 cup semisweet chocolate morsels, divided
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In the top half of a double boiler, combine 2 cups chocolate morsels and butter over simmering water. Stir occasionally until melted. (Mixture will be very thick.)
- While chocolate and butter are melting, combine eggs, sugar, and vanilla in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together flour and baking powder.
- Remove chocolate mixture from heat. Add egg mixture to chocolate mixture, stirring well to combine. Slowly add dry ingredients; fold in remaining 1⁄2 to 3⁄4 cup chocolate morsels.
- Let batter stand until it firms slightly, 2 to 3 minutes. Using 2 spoons, drop approximately 11⁄2 to 2 tablespoons dough 2 inches apart onto prepared pans.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool on pans 5 minutes; transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely. Store in an airtight container up to 5 days.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/