Bring this crowd-pleasing dessert to the table with plenty of extra spoons.
Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
Yields: 10 servings
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- Vanilla bean ice cream, to serve
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 10-inch cast-iron skillet with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, beat butter and sugars at medium speed with a mixer until combined, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add egg and vanilla; beat until well combined. In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating just until combined. With mixer on low speed, gradually add cream. Fold in chocolate. Press dough into prepared skillet.
- Bake until golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Serve with ice cream.