A giant golden cookie studded with chocolate chips and creamy peanut butter: Chocolate Chip Oatmeal-Peanut Butter Skillet Cookie.
Chocolate Chip Oatmeal-Peanut Butter Skillet Cookie
Yield: approximately 4 servings
Write a review
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3⁄4 cup old-fashioned oats, divided
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄3 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- Preheat oven to 325°. Spray a 7-inch cast-iron skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and brown sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add egg and vanilla; beat until combined.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Reduce speed to low; add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating just until blended. Stir in 1⁄2 cup oats.
- Press half of dough into bottom of skillet. Spread peanut butter evenly over dough. Drop spoonfuls of remaining dough over peanut butter. Sprinkle with chocolate and remaining 1⁄4 cup oats.
- Bake until golden brown, approximately 45 minutes. (Cover with aluminum foil to prevent excess browning, if necessary.) Let cool 15 minutes.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/