What could make this classic chocolate chip cookie even better? Definitely adding bacon.
Chocolate Chip Cookies with Bacon
Makes about 36
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup chilled bacon drippings
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 (12-ounce) package center-cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 cups bittersweet chocolate morsels
- Garnish: flaked sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, sugars, bacon drippings, and vanilla with a mixer at medium speed until fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and salt. With mixer on low speed, gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating just until combined. Stir in bacon and chocolate morsels. Using a 1½-inch scoop, drop dough 2 inches apart on a cast-iron pizza pan.
- Bake until edges are golden brown, 9 to 11 minutes. Let cool on pan for 2 minutes. Remove from pan, and let cool completely on wire racks. Garnish with sea salt, if desired.