Chocolate Chip Cookie Sandwiches
Write a review
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup marshmallow crème, such as Marshmallow Fluff
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- For cookies: In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy, stopping occasionally to scrape sides of bowl. Add egg, beating until combined. Beat in vanilla.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating until well combined. Add chocolate and pecans, beating just until combined. Cover dough with plastic wrap, and refrigerate at least 30 minutes. Place heaping tablespoonfuls of dough 3 inches apart on prepared pans.
- Bake, in batches, until edges are lightly browned, approximately 15 minutes. Using a spatula, gently flatten cookies. Transfer to a wire rack, and let cool completely.
- For filling: In a medium bowl, beat butter and marshmallow crème at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Beat in vanilla. Gradually add confectioners’ sugar, beating until fluffy, approximately 3 minutes.
- Spread filling evenly on bottoms of half of cookies; top with remaining cookies, flat sides toward filling. Store, covered, up to 3 days.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/