Every bite of this decadent brownie is filled with pockets of buttery caramel.
Chocolate-Caramel Swirled Brownies
Yields: 10 to 12 servings
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12-ounce) jar caramel sauce*
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 10-inch cast-iron skillet with baking spray with flour.
- In a medium bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water, combine butter and chocolate; stir until melted. Remove from heat; whisk in sugars. Let cool 5 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla, whisking to combine. In a small bowl, stir together flour, cocoa, and salt. Gently fold flour mixture into butter mixture just until combined. Pour batter into prepared skillet. Spoon caramel over batter. Swirl gently into batter using the tip of a knife.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes.
*We used Smucker’s brand hot caramel topping.