This beloved flavor combination is as irresistible as can be in these Chocolate-Banana Baked Oats.
Chocolate-Banana Baked Oats
Makes 4 servings
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup steel-cut oats
- 4 medium ripe bananas
- 4 large eggs
- ¼ cup honey, plus more for garnish
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 ounces chopped bittersweet chocolate, divided
- 1 medium sliced ripe banana, reserving 4 to 6 slices
- ¼ cup almond butter
- Garnish: honey
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray 4 (8- to 10-ounce) ovenproof ramekins with cooking spray, and place on a rimmed baking sheet.
- In the container of a blender, combine all oats, 4 bananas, eggs, honey, baking powder, and salt. Process on high until smooth.
- Transfer oats mixture to a large bowl. Fold in 2 ounces chocolate, sliced banana, and almond butter. Divide batter evenly between prepared ramekins (don’t overfill; leave ¼-inch space from top of dish). Top evenly with remaining 1 ounce chocolate and reserved banana slices.
- Bake until golden brown, puffed, and a wooden pick inserted into centers comes out with a few moist crumbs, 25 to 30 minutes. Garnish with honey, if desired.