These ice cream sandwiches are a wow thanks to the crunch-chewy chocolate cookies.
Christy Jordan's Chocolate and Strawberry Ice Cream Sandwiches
Yield: 6 sandwiches
Write a review
- 2⁄3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 11⁄4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1⁄3 cup natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- 6 tablespoons hot fudge sauce, unheated
- 2 cups strawberry ice cream, softened
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and brown sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes, stopping occasionally to scrape sides of bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and cocoa. Add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating until combined. Beat in milk and vanilla; stir in chocolate morsels.
- Divide dough into 12 portions (approximately 31⁄2 tablespoons each); space 2 inches apart on prepared pan. Using damp fingertips, lightly press dough.
- Bake until puffed and almost set, approximately 12 minutes. Let cool on pan 2 minutes. Using a spatula, transfer cookies to a wire rack, and let cool completely.
- Spread 1 tablespoon hot fudge sauce on flat sides of 6 cookies. Top each with 1⁄3 cup ice cream. Top with remaining cookies, flat side down, pressing gently. Freeze until firm, 3 to 4 hours. Thaw slightly before serving.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/