As Southerners, grits are an essential part of our diet. Morning, noon, or night, the time is always right for grits! Cheese and green chiles add an extra kick to this Southern staple.
Chile Cheese Grits
Write a review
- 4 cups whole milk
- 4 cups water
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups stone-ground grits
- 4 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chiles
- In a large saucepan, combine milk, 4 cups water, butter, and salt. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add grits, stirring to combine. Cook according to package directions.
- Add 3 cups cheese and chiles to cooked grits, stirring until combined and cheese is melted. Sprinkle remaining 1 cup cheese on top. Serve immediately.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/