Our Chicken Spaghetti is pure comfort food. It would be great with leftover turkey, too!
Makes about 6 servings
Write a review
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken
- ½ (16-ounce) package spaghetti, cooked
- ½ cup shredded sharp
- Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven 350°.
- In a 10-inch cast-iron skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion, bell peppers, and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in flour; cook 1 to 2 minutes. Add broth; cook, stirring frequently, until bubbly, 3 to 4 minutes. Whisk in half-and-half; cook, stirring constantly, until bubbly. Stir in Parmesan; remove from heat. Stir in chicken and cooked pasta.
- Bake until bubbly, 15 to 20 minutes. Sprinkle with Cheddar, and bake until cheese melts, 3 to 4 minutes more. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/