This simple recipe makes a lovely lunch.
Chicken Salad with Dumpling Crackers
Makes 6 to 8 Servings
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon celery seed
- 1 pound cooked chicken, shredded and chopped
- ¼ cup finely diced carrot
- ¼ cup finely diced celery
- 2 tablespoons finely diced sweet onion
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 (12-ounce) package frozen dumplings
- 1 chicken bouillon cube, crushed
- In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, mustard, salt, pepper, and celery seed. Stir in chicken, carrot, celery, onion, and thyme. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- In a large cast-iron skillet, pour oil to a depth of 2 inches. Heat oil over medium heat until a deep-fry thermometer registers 350°. Place a wire rack inside a rimmed baking sheet.
- Let dumplings thaw for 10 minutes; cut into 1½-inch squares. Working in batches, fry dumpling pieces until golden brown, about 1 to 2 minutes. Remove using a slotted spoon and let drain on prepared rack. Sprinkle with crushed bouillon. Serve with chicken salad.