All of your favorite chicken pot pie ingredients baked into decadent macaroni and cheese.
Chicken Pot Pie Mac and Cheese
Yield: approximately 10 servings
Write a review
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup frozen vegetable seasoning blend (celery, onion, and bell pepper)
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup shredded sharp white Cheddar cheese
- 4 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 3⁄4 cup frozen peas
- 1 (16-ounce) package elbow macaroni, cooked
- 1 (8-ounce) package American cheese slices
- 1 cup crushed buttery round crackers
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 13x9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a Dutch oven, melt butter over medium heat. Add vegetable seasoning blend and carrot; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, approximately 7 minutes. Add flour; cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute. Whisk in milk, broth, salt, pepper, and thyme. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, whisking constantly. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, whisking constantly, until thickened, 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in Cheddar until melted. Stir in chicken, peas, and cooked pasta. Spoon into prepared dish. Top with American cheese. Sprinkle evenly with crushed crackers.
- Bake until bubbly and cheese melts, 20 to 25 minutes.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/