Chicken and Onion Kabobs
Write a review
- 12-inch wooden skewers, soaked in water for at least 30 minutes
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch pieces
- ½ (10-ounce) bag white pearl onions, blanched and peeled
- ½ (10-ounce) bag purple pearl onions, blanched and peeled
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Garnish: fresh thyme
- Spray grill with nonstick, nonflammable cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium-high heat (350° to 400°).
- Thread chicken pieces and onions onto skewers. Using a silicone brush, brush kabobs with oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill kabobs, with grill lid closed, until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°, 6 to 8 minutes. Garnish with thyme, if desired. Serve immediately.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/