Bright, fresh flavors shine in this easy dish. For a decadent look that’s delicious to the last bite, this Chicken Meatball Skillet Supper is a main that will have your guests coming back for more.
Chicken Meatball Skillet Supper
Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 1 (16-ounce) package ground chicken
- ¼ cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic, divided
- ⅓ cup plain dried bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- ½ (5-ounce) container baby spinach
- 3 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- Garnish: fresh oregano
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken, onion, 1 tablespoon garlic, bread crumbs, milk, parsley, oregano, egg, and salt. Using your hands, gently combine mixture. Be careful not to overmix. Using a 1-tablespoon scoop, scoop mixture and shape into 2-tablespoon balls (about 36 balls).
- In a 12-inch enameled cast-iron skillet, cook chicken meatballs over medium-high heat until browned. Remove from skillet.
- In same skillet, cook sliced lemon, spreading slices out, over medium-high heat until browned on each side. Remove from skillet.
- In same skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add remaining 1 tablespoon garlic, oregano, and pasta; cook until aromatic, about 1 minute. Add broth, scraping bottom of pan to loosen any browned bits. Add chicken and lemon slices.
- Bake until pasta is al dente, 25 to 30 minutes. There still will be liquid in the skillet. Remove from oven. Stir in spinach; cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with feta cheese. Garnish with oregano, if desired.
*Serve with Luzianne Iced Sweet Tea.