The tangy glaze and sweet preserves lighten the flavor of this crunchy, comforting dish.
Chicken Fried Pork Chops
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons garlic salt
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup whole buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 6 (1-inch-thick) pork loin rib chops
- Peanut oil, for frying
- Balsamic vinegar glaze and peach preserves, to serve
- Garnish: chopped fresh parsley
- In a shallow dish, stir together flour, garlic salt, kosher salt, and pepper. In another shallow dish, stir together buttermilk and hot sauce.
- Dip pork chops in buttermilk, letting excess drip off. Dredge in flour mixture, shaking off excess. Repeat procedure once for each chop.
- In a large Dutch oven or fryer, pour oil to a depth of 4 to 6 inches, and heat over medium heat until a deep-fry thermometer registers 350°. Fry chops, two at a time, for 6 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes. Serve with a drizzle of balsamic glaze and peach preserves. Garnish with parsley, if desired.