Filled with rich tomato sauce, herbs, and plenty of cheese, this is for the pasta lovers.
Chicken Florentine Lasagna
Makes 12 Servings
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (24-ounce) jar fire-roasted tomato and garlic pasta sauce
- 2 (15-ounce) containers whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 3 cups shredded Italian cheese blend, divided
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (12-ounce) box oven-ready lasagna noodles, broken in half
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 4 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1½ (8-ounce) balls fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- Garnish: ground black pepper, chopped fresh oregano
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a medium bowl, stir together crushed tomatoes and pasta sauce. In another medium bowl, stir together ricotta, 2 cups Italian cheese blend, egg, oregano, parsley, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- In the bottom of a deep 12-inch cast-iron skillet, spread ½ cup tomato mixture. Arrange one-third of noodles over sauce, overlapping to fit. Spread half of ricotta mixture over noodles. Sprinkle with half of chicken and half of spinach. Spoon 2 cups tomato mixture over spinach. Repeat layers once; top with remaining noodles and remaining tomato mixture. Cover tightly with foil, and place on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake until top layer of noodles is tender, about 1 hour and 20 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with remaining 1 cup Italian cheese blend. Layer mozzarella on top.
- Bake until cheese is melted and beginning to brown, about 10 minutes more. Let stand for 20 minutes. Garnish with pepper and oregano, if desired.