This easy chicken chili comes together in under an hour.
Makes 8 to 10 servings
Write a review
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (32-ounce) carton low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chiles
- 2 cups yellow corn kernels
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3 (14.5-ounce) cans black beans, drained
- Garnish: shredded Cheddar cheese, sliced jalapeño, chopped fresh cilantro, diced tomatoes, smoked paprika
- In a large Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken, and cook until brown on all sides. Add onion; cook until tender, about 3 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute. Add broth, chiles, corn, oregano, cumin, salt, and red pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; add beans. Cover and simmer until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°, about 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken breasts, and use 2 forks to shred; return shredded chicken to pot. Garnish with shredded Cheddar, jalapeño, cilantro, tomatoes, and smoked paprika, if desired.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/