Rich with Asian flavors, this Chicken and Broccoli Skillet Supper is far more flavorful than takeout, and ready just as fast.
Chicken and Broccoli Skillet Supper
Write a review
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 11⁄2 pounds boneless skin-on chicken thighs
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 10 baby carrots, peeled
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets and blanched
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- Cooked rice, to serve
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a large cast-iron skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Working in batches, add chicken to hot skillet. Cook until browned, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Set aside. Drain all but 1 tablespoon oil and rendered fat from skillet. Reduce heat to medium.
- Add carrot to skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, until blistered, approximately 3 minutes. Stir in green onion, garlic, ginger, and red pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until fragrant, 1 minute. Stir in broccoli; cook 2 minutes.
- Return chicken to skillet. In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons water, and honey; add to skillet. Sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake until chicken is cooked through, approximately 12 minutes Serve with rice, if desired.
- Kitchen Tip: To blanch broccoli, cook in boiling salted water 1 minute. Drain, and immediately place in a bowl of ice water to cool. Drain again before using.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/