Fresh lime gives our Cherry-Limeade Poke Cake a zesty kick. Kitchen Tip: Generously poke cake to get the most flavor into every bite.
Cherry-Limeade Poke Cake
Makes 10 to 12 servings
Write a review
- 1 (15.25-ounce) box white cake mix (We used Duncan Hines Classic White Cake Mix)
- 1 cup water
- 3 large egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 6 teaspoons lime zest, divided
- 1 (3-ounce) box cherry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- Garnish: lime slices, maraschino cherries
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 13x9-inch baking dish with baking spray with flour.
- In a large bowl, beat cake mix, 1 cup water, egg whites, and oil with a mixer at low speed until moistened, about 30 seconds. Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes. Stir in 4 teaspoons lime zest. Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes. Using a fork, poke holes in warm cake. In a medium bowl, combine gelatin and 1 cup boiling water, stirring until combined. Pour over cake. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, about 4 hours. 4. In a large bowl, beat cream, confectioners’ sugar, lime juice, and remaining 2 teaspoons lime zest with a mixer at high speed just until stiff peaks form; spread over cake. Garnish with lime slices and maraschino cherries, if desired.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/