Crunchy fries, pimiento cheese, bacon, and a flavorful gravy—it doesn’t get much more irresistible than that!
Cheesy Sweet Potato Fries and Bacon Gravy
Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 1 (20-ounce) bag frozen sweet potato fries
- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1½ teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon honey
- 1 cup pimiento cheese
- ¼ cup sliced green onion
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place fries in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large cast-iron skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crispy, about 8 minutes. Remove from skillet using a slotted spoon and let drain on paper towels, reserving drippings in skillet.
- Whisk in flour and pepper. Cook, whisking constantly, until smooth, about 2 minutes. Gradually add broth, whisking until smooth. Add Worcestershire, vinegar, and honey. Cook, stirring frequently, until thickened, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Dollop pimiento cheese over hot fries. Sprinkle with cooked bacon and green onion, and serve with gravy.