This cheesy stuffed squash is made with pepper jack cheese and crushed Doritos for extra cheesy goodness!
Cheesy Stuffed Squash Recipe
Yield: 8 servings
Write a review
- 4 medium yellow squash, ends trimmed and cut in half lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups crushed cheese-flavored tortilla chips, such as Doritos, divided
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup Pepper Jack cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Brush squash with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt. Place squash, cut side up, on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until tender, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool on pan until cool enough to handle, approximately 10 minutes. Scoop out center of squash with seeds, leaving shell intact.
- In the work bowl of a food processor, combine squash pulp, 1 cup tortilla chips, sour cream, and 1⁄2 cup cheese, pulsing to combine. Spoon into squash shells. Return to baking sheet. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup tortilla chips and remaining 1⁄2 cup cheese.
- Bake until cheese has melted, 8 to 10 minutes. Serve immediately.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/