We recommend choosing a broiler-safe platter for this side dish so it can be served straight from the oven, keeping the deliciously melted cheese intact.
Cheesy Roasted Green Beans
Yields: 4-6 servings
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- ¼ cup Italian-seasoned panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon dried dill
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup shredded extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Garnish: crushed red pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- In a small skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add bread crumbs; cook, stirring constantly, until golden brown, 4 to 6 minutes. Transfer bread crumbs to a small bowl; set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss together beans, garlic powder, salt, parsley, dill, black pepper, red pepper, and remaining ¼ cup oil until well combined. Place beans in an even layer on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake until beans are crisp-tender, about 10 minutes. Remove beans from oven; place on a broiler-safe serving platter. Sprinkle with cheeses. Increase heat to broil. Broil until cheese is melted, about 2 minutes. Carefully remove from oven. Sprinkle with bread crumbs. Garnish with red pepper, if desired.