This classic casserole is as easy as 1-2-3.
Cheesy Hash Brown Casserole
Makes about 10 servings
- 1 (30-ounce) bag frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 12 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 cups shredded smoked Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chiles, drained
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Garnish: chopped green onion, ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 12-inch cast-iron skillet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together hash browns, eggs, cream, mayonnaise, 1½ cups sharp Cheddar, 1½ cups smoked Cheddar, green onion, green chiles, cumin, salt, and pepper until well combined. Spoon into prepared pan.
- Bake until browned and bubbly, about 50 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining ½ cup sharp Cheddar and remaining ½ cup smoked Cheddar. Bake until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes more. Garnish with green onion and pepper, if desired.