This crowd-pleasing Cheesy Bacon and Turnip Greens Dip is best served hot out of the oven and slathered on toast.
Cheesy Bacon and Turnip Greens Dip
Write a review
- 3 slices bacon
- 1⁄2 cup finely diced yellow onion
- 4 cups chopped fresh turnip greens
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded fontina cheese, divided
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons heavy
- whipping cream
- Garnish: chopped fresh parsley
- Toasted bread slices, to serve
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a 6- to 8-inch cast-iron skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon, and let drain on paper towels, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet. Chop bacon, and set aside.
- Add onion to skillet; cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Add turnip greens in batches, stirring after each addition until wilted. Stir in salt. Reduce heat to low. Add cream cheese; cook, stirring frequently, until smooth and combined, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in 3⁄4 cup fontina, 3⁄4 cup mozzarella, mayonnaise, sour cream, parsley, and cream. Sprinkle with remaining 1⁄4 cup fontina, remaining 1⁄4 cup mozzarella, and bacon.
- Bake until hot and bubbly, 20 to 25 minutes. Garnish with parsley, if desired. Serve hot with toasted bread slices.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/