Wake up your tastebuds this morning with these Cheddar-Thyme Drop Biscuits!
Cheddar-Thyme Drop Biscuits
Yield: approximately 16 biscuits
Write a review
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup whole buttermilk, chilled
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 450°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, and baking soda. Add buttermilk and melted butter to flour mixture, stirring to remove any large lumps. Add 1⁄2 cup cheese and thyme, stirring to combine. Drop by 1⁄4 cupfuls onto prepared pan. Sprinkle tops evenly with remaining 1⁄2 cup cheese.
- Bake until lightly browned, 10 to 12 minutes. Serve warm.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/