Serve this side with any main dish for a flavorful meal.
Cast Iron Succotash
Makes 6 Servings
- 3 slices thick-cut bacon, chopped
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 (12-ounce) package frozen yellow corn kernels, thawed and patted dry
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped (1½ cups)
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 medium jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen baby lima beans, thawed and patted dry
- 1½ cups halved grape tomatoes
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- In a 12-inch cast-iron skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from skillet with a slotted spoon and let drain on paper towels, reserving drippings in skillet.
- Add onion to reserved drippings in skillet; cook until lightly browned, 3 to 5 minutes. Add corn, garlic, zucchini, bell pepper, and jalapeño, stirring until corn begins to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add lima beans, tomatoes, green onion, salt, and black pepper; cook until heated through, about 5 minutes. Top with basil and bacon.