Kitchen Tip: If you don’t have a candy thermometer, ask Santa to put one in your stocking this year. It’s the best tool for confident candy and brittle making.
Yield: 10 to 12 servings
Write a review
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped roasted salted cashews
- ¼ cup chopped crystallized ginger
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- Spray large rimmed baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup, and 1 cup water. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently until sugar dissolves. Add salt. Cook until a candy thermometer reads 250°. Add cashews and ginger; continue cooking until mixture reaches 290°. Remove from heat.
- Stir in butter and baking soda. Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until frothy. Divide between prepared pans. Let cool until hardened, 1 to 2 hours. Break into pieces. Store in an airtight container up to 5 days.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/