These treats make a great lunchtime dessert.
Carrot Cake Bars
- 1½ cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup grated carrot (3 to 4 medium carrots)
- 1 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup crushed pineapple
- Cream Cheese Glaze (recipe follows)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 13x9-inch baking pan with foil; spray with baking spray with flour.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together brown sugar and melted butter until combined. Add eggs and vanilla, whisking to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, allspice, and ginger. Fold flour mixture into sugar mixture just until combined. Fold in carrot, pecans, raisins, and pineapple. Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack. Drizzle with Cream Cheese Glaze, and cut into 4x2-inch bars. Store in an airtight container.
Cream Cheese Glaze
Yields: 1 cup
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- In a small bowl, stir together cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar. Add milk, stirring to combine.