You can make our delicious caramel apples with any candy bar that has a little crunch. Chop up several varieties, and let your family make their own.
Yield: 5 apples
Write a review
- 1 cup crushed Butterfinger candy bars
- 1 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 1 (14-ounce) bag individually wrapped caramels, unwrapped
- 1 tablespoon water
- 5 wooden popsicle sticks
- 5 apples
- Place crushed candy bars and peanuts in separate bowls.
- In a large microwavable bowl, combine caramels and water. Microwave on High, in 30-second intervals, stirring between each, until melted, 2 1⁄2 to 3 minutes.
- Place sticks in centers of apples. Dip bottom halves of apples in melted caramel, allowing excess to run off. Dip apples in candy bars or peanuts. Place on wax paper. Let cool completely. Store in refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/