Though it might be hard to believe right now, the autumn months are just around the corner. And when those first hints of a chill hit the air, there’s nothing we love more than cozying up to a homey fall supper. Bonus points if it’s on the table quickly!
Enter the busy weeknight’s new best friend: The Signature Series CanCooker by Seth McGinn. It cooks delicious meals in under an hour using a convection steam environment that keeps meals healthy, tender, and full of flavor. We developed this Chicken Breast with Bacon-Cranberry Stuffing with fall flavors in mind and the CanCooker is the perfect vessel to make this simple supper come to life.
The CanCooker’s latched lid locks in heat and steam, making fast work of cooking raw ingredients. It can be used indoors or outdoors on virtually any cooktop.
The lightweight CanCooker’s CeramaCan has a non-stick, durable, and food-safe coating that makes for easy and FAST cleanup. It can be washed with soap or by simply adding an inch of water back to the can and bringing it to a steam.
With the capacity to prepare 8 to 10 servings in a single session, the CanCooker is the easy, convenient solution you need to make back-to-school weeknights a breeze!
We love the CanCooker so much, we’re hosting a special giveaway!
- 1¼ cups dried cranberries
- ⅓ cup hot water
- 1 (12-ounce) package center-cut bacon, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 cups finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- ½ cup white wine
- 2 cups seasoned stuffing mix
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 11 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon CanCooker Creole seasoning
- 1½ cups water
- Steamed green beans, for serving Garnish: fresh thyme and rosemary
- In a small bowl, stir together cranberries and ⅓ cup hot water. Let stand for 20 minutes to allow cranberries to soften. Drain and discard soaking liquid.
- In a 2-gallon nonstick CanCooker, cook bacon over medium-high heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove bacon using a slotted spoon, and let drain on paper towels. Remove drippings from pan.
- In CanCooker, heat olive oil over medium- high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 10 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute more. Add stock, wine, and drained cranberries. Bring to a boil, and cook, stirring frequently, over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, allowing wine to evaporate.
- Remove onion mixture to a medium bowl. Add stuffing mix, rosemary, thyme, parsley, and reserved bacon, and toss together until combined and liquid is almost completely absorbed.
- Cut a horizontal slit into one side of each chicken breast half to form a deep pocket. Fill each pocket with about ¾ cup stuffing. Sprinkle chicken with Creole seasoning.
- Add 1½ cups water to CanCooker. Place rack inside. Place chicken in a single layer on rack. Cover pan, close latch, and steam over medium heat for 20 minutes or until a food thermometer inserted in stuffing and thickest portion of chicken registers 165°.
- Using oven mitts, remove CanCooker from heat. Remove lid carefully, allowing steam to escape. Remove chicken using long tongs. Serve with green beans. Garnish with thyme and rosemary, if desired.