Our Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes with Browned Butter got rave reviews from our tasters – you’ll go back for seconds just like we did.
Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes with Browned Butter
Yield: approximately 6 servings
Write a review
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 4 pounds baking potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt, divided
- ⅔ cup whole buttermilk, warmed
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup chopped green onion
- Garnish: chopped green onion
- In medium stainless-steel skillet, cook butter over medium heat, until butter is golden brown and has a nutty aroma, approximately 10 minutes. Pour into a small bowl; cover and set aside.
- In a Dutch oven, bring potato, 1 teaspoon salt, and water to cover to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook until tender, approximately 12 minutes. Drain; return potato to pan. Cook, stirring gently, over medium heat, until dry, approximately 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add remaining 2 teaspoons salt, buttermilk, pepper, ⅓ cup green onion, and half of browned butter. Beat at medium speed with a mixer until smooth. Spoon into a serving bowl; drizzle with remaining browned butter. Garnish with green onion, if desired.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/