All-Butter Pie Dough
Makes 1 (9-Inch) Piecrust
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup cold unsalted butter, cut into½-inch cubes
- ¼ cup ice water, plus more as needed
- In the work bowl of a food processor, place flour and salt; pulse until combined. Add cold butter; pulse until mixture is crumbly and butter is in pea-size pieces. With processor running, pour ¼ cup ice water through food chute in a slow, steady stream just until dough comes together. (Mixture may appear crumbly. It should be moist and hold together when pinched.) Add additional 1 tablespoon ice water only if needed.
- Turn out dough and shape into a disk. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Dough may be refrigerated for up to 3 days or frozen for up to 2 months.