Brussels Sprouts with Golden Raisins and Bacon
Yield: approximately 5 cups
Write a review
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut in half
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1½ teaspoons salt, divided
- ½ cup golden raisins
- ⅓ cup apple jelly
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan, reserving drippings in pan. Set bacon aside.
- Add Brussels sprouts and onion to pan; cook over medium-high heat until lightly browned, approximately 3 minutes. Slowly add broth and 1 teaspoon salt. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook until tender, approximately 10 minutes. Add remaining ½ teaspoon salt, raisins, jelly, vinegar, and pepper; cook 2 minutes.
- Spoon onto a serving platter. Crumble bacon and sprinkle over Brussels sprouts.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/