Your brunch guests will go crazy for this hearty Brown Sugar–Glazed Ham.
Brown Sugar–Glazed Ham
Makes 10 to 12 servings
- 1¼ cups water, divided
- 1 (10- to 11-pound) bone-in smoked ham (shank portion)
- ⅔ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ⅔ cup cane syrup
- ⅓ cup distilled white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Garnish: green and red grapes, bay leaves
- Spicy Cheddar Biscuits
- Preheat oven to 325°. Line a roasting pan with foil; spray with cooking spray. Pour 1 cup water in pan.
- Using a sharp knife, lightly score outside of ham. Place ham in prepared pan; loosely cover with foil. Bake for 1 hour.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together remaining ¼ cup water, brown sugar, cane syrup, vinegar, paprika, and salt. Uncover ham, and brush with brown sugar mixture.
- Bake, loosely covered, until a meat thermometer registers 160°, about 1 hour and 30 minutes more, brushing with brown sugar mixture occasionally. (Add additional water to pan, and loosely cover with foil to prevent excess browning, if needed.) Place ham on a serving platter. Garnish with grapes and bay leaves, if desired.