Topped with crunchy crackers, this cheesy Broccoli and Rice Casserole is comfort food at its best.
Broccoli and Rice Casserole
Write a review
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (10.5-ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1¼ cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup whole milk
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups cooked long-grain rice
- 2½ cups broccoli florets, cooked
- 1 cup lightly crushed buttery round crackers
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray an 8x8-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic; cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add soup, 1 cup cheese, milk, salt, and pepper; cook, stirring constantly, until cheese is melted, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat; add cooked rice and broccoli, stirring until combined. Spoon into prepared pan. Sprinkle with crushed crackers and remaining ¼ cup cheese.
- Bake until golden brown and bubbly, about 30 minutes.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/
Find more easy and elegant suppers in our newest issue of Taste of the South magazine.