Tart with just a touch of heat, the simple slaw is perfect piled on Brisket Tacos or served as a side dish.
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pound sliced smoked brisket
- 3 cups Carrot-Poblano Slaw (recipe follows)
- 6 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- Crumbled queso fresco and lime wedges, to serve
- In a large skillet, heat canola oil over medium-high heat. Add corn and cumin; cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Divide corn, brisket, and Carrot-Poblano Slaw evenly among tortillas. Serve with queso fresco and lime wedges, if desired.
Makes 6 to 8 sevings
- 6 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 poblano pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons celery seed
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cumin
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage, carrot, celery, onion, and poblano.
- In a small saucepan, bring vinegar, canola oil, sugar, celery seed, salt, red pepper, and cumin to a boil over high heat. Remove from heat. Pour over cabbage mixture, stirring to combine. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving. Cover, and refrigerate for up to 3 days.