Warm up this winter with this decadent must-have Bread Pudding with Spiced White Chocolate Sauce.
Makes about 8 servings
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup plus 2 teaspoons granulated sugar, divided
- ⅔ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons spiced rum
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (14-ounce) loaf brioche bread, cut into ¾-inch cubes
- ¾ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup chopped toasted pecans
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and divided
- Spiced White Chocolate Sauce (recipe follows)
- Garnish: toasted chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 325°. Spray an 11x8-inch ovenproof ceramic baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large heatproof bowl, stir together cream, ¾ cup granulated sugar, brown sugar, ½ teaspoon cinnamon, and salt. Microwave on high until steaming, 1 to 2 minutes. (Do not allow to boil.)
- In a large bowl, whisk together ¼ cup granulated sugar and eggs. Whisking constantly, slowly add warm cream mixture to sugar mixture, stirring until well combined. Whisk in rum and vanilla. Add bread and cranberries, tossing to coat. Fold in pecans and ¼ cup melted butter. Spread bread mixture into prepared pan. Cover with foil.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake for 15 minutes more. Drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoons melted butter; sprinkle with remaining 2 teaspoons granulated sugar and remaining ¼ teaspoon cinnamon. Position oven rack in center of oven. Increase oven temperature to broil. Broil until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Serve warm with Spiced White Chocolate Sauce. Garnish with pecans, if desired.
Spiced White Chocolate Sauce
Makes about ½ cup
- 4 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Place white chocolate and cream in a small heatproof bowl. Microwave on medium until chocolate is melted, about 30 seconds, stirring every 10 seconds. Stir in nutmeg. Use immediately.