With three kinds of chocolate (milk, semisweet, and bittersweet), heavy cream, and a tot of bourbon, our Bourbon-Spiced Hot Chocolate is a rich and creamy adult beverage.
Bourbon-Spiced Hot Chocolate
Yield: approximately 8 servings
Write a review
- 6 ounces milk chocolate, chopped
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 1∕2 cups half-and-half
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 1∕2 cups confectioners’ sugar, divided
- 1∕2 cup bourbon
- 1 1∕2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1∕2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Garnish: marshmallows and natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- In a large bowl, combine chocolates. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine half-and-half, milk, 1 cup sugar, and bourbon. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, until mixture boils; remove from heat.
- Pour mixture over chocolate; let stand for 3 minutes. Whisk chocolate mixture from the center out until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream, vanilla, and remaining 1∕2 cup sugar at medium-high speed with an electric mixer until medium peaks form. Whisk whipped cream into chocolate mixture. Serve immediately.
- Garnish with marshmallows and cocoa powder, if desired.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/