Impress your guests with these tasty party starters.
Bourbon-Glazed Mushroom Toasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 (4-ounce) containers assorted sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1¼ teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- ⅛ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ¼ cup bourbon
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1½ teaspoons sliced fresh chives
- 1½ teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cups thinly sliced yellow onions
- 1 (5.2-ounce) container garlic-and-herb cheese spread
- 8 slices sourdough bread, toasted
- Garnish: chopped fresh parsley, chopped fresh chives
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cook until golden brown and tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add garlic, ¾ teaspoon salt, and red pepper; cook until garlic is tender. Add bourbon; cook until liquid has reduced by half. Add 3 tablespoons butter, stirring constantly to emulsify the sauce. Remove from heat and add chives and parsley.
- In a large skillet, heat remaining 2 tablespoons butter and remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add onion and remaining ½ teaspoon salt; cook, stirring frequently, until onions are golden brown, about 30 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Spread cheese evenly over bread slices. Top each with one-eighth of caramelized onions and one-eighth of mushroom mixture. Garnish with parsley and chives, if desired.