Using store-bought cinnamon rolls makes this breakfast a snap.
Blueberry-Smothered Cinnamon Rolls
- 2 (17.5-ounce) cans refrigerated cinnamon rolls*
- 1⅓ cups frozen blueberries
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon satsuma orange zest
- 1½ tablespoons satsuma orange juice
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place cinnamon rolls 2 inches apart on prepared pan, tucking ends under. Bake according to package directions, omitting icing in package.
- In a medium saucepan, stir together blueberries, granulated sugar, and satsuma zest and juice. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until sugar is melted. Gently mash blueberries; bring to a boil. Remove from heat, and let cool slightly. Transfer berry mixture to the container of a blender. Add confectioners’ sugar, 1 cup at a time, and blend until smooth. Pour blueberry sauce over cinnamon rolls.
*We used Pillsbury Grands!